The Public Works Department is responsible for maintaining and developing the roads which includes snow removal, street signs, street line painting, street sweeping, and general road maintenance. The Public Works shop is located at 905 Community Lane (on the east end of Bayfield Parkway).
Resolution 506 effective January 1, 2022 regarding Water, Sewer, Garbage and Mosquito Control Rates
The Town of Bayfield’s Public Works department also handles the day-to-day maintenance of the water and wastewater systems including:
- 24/7 on call emergency response for water and sewer issues (for after hour water and sewer emergencies please call the Bayfield Town Hall @ 970-884-9544 and follow the prompts to be connected to the on-call number).
- Maintain fire hydrants and guard valves to ensure they are in good working order
- Read water meters for billing purposes and inquiries into high usage water bills
- Water shut offs for repairs, emergencies, and non-payments
- Install water taps and water meters
- Takes samples of water for compliance issues with the State on monthly basis
- Responds to emergency excavations and residential excavation requests
- Routinely flushes sanitation lines with high pressure water to remove sediment, grease, and other debris that might obstruct the pipe and possibly cause a backup into homes
- Responds to locate requests for buried utilities per UNCC
- Monitors cross connection control systems for water system safety
The Town of Bayfield water system is sourced from Pine River and Vallecito Reservoir. An upgraded water treatment plant was built in 2016 in partnership with La Plata Archuleta Water District. More information is available at the WATER page.
The Public Works Department is responsible for maintaining/developing the roads which includes snow removal, street signs, street line painting, street sweeping, and general road maintenance. Visit the ROADS page for more information.